Every year on the sixth day of summer Navratra the birthday of Yamuna river is celebrated. This year it was on 23 March 2018. On this occasion, SANDRP has prepared a photo blog covering almost entire length of the river. The Yamuna Mitra Mandali (YNMM) (Friends of Yamuna River) group established by Yamuna Jiye Abhiyan has essential contributed for this pictorial blog.
The photo blog tries to show the present day situation of river Yamuna and activities of YNMM on the day of Yamuna Jayanti.
1. Yamuna River near its source at Janaki Chatti, Uttarkashi. Image credit: Omkar Bahuguna Badkot, Tilak Ramola Naogaon, Uttarkashi
2. Yamuna river at Kathapthar, Dakpathar, Vikas Nagar, Asan Barrage in Dehradun. Image credit: Nishant Panwar.
3. Yamuna river in Yamuna Nagar. Image Credit Yamuna Sewa Samiti, Kanalsi.
4. Yamuna River at Panipat. Image credit to Yamuna Sewa Samiti, Sanoli, Yamuna Gram Sewa Samiti, Kairana, Yamuna Mallaha Samiti Kairana.
4. Yamuna River at Palla Delhi. Image Credit: Yayati Bhardwaj, Yamuna Photographer.
5. Hindon River Greater Noida. Image by Hukum villager, Momnathal
6. Yamuna River Shergarh, Chhata, Mathura. Image by Raju, Yamuna Photographer.
7. Yamuna River at Gokul Mathura. Image Credit: Nakul Bhardwaj & Yetendar Singh, Yamuna devotee and activist.
8. Yamuna River at Farah Mathura downstream Gokul Barrage. Image Credit: Shivshakar Villager, Gadaya and Thakur Giridharli Lal of Sri Guru Gargacharya Yamuna Mitra Samiti.
9 Yamuna River at Agra. Image Credit. Brij Khandelwal of River Connect and Pt. Ashwini Misra, Yamuna priest.
10. Yamuna River at Bateshwar downstream Agra. Image Credit: Radhey Shyam, Bateshwar Dham Yamuna Mitra Samiti.
11. Yamuna River at Hamirpur. Image Credit: Rajeev Singh, Yamuna-Betwa Nadi Mitra Samiti.
12. Yamuna River at Ekdala Allahabad. Image Credit: Jaikant Singh, Panchdev Yamuna Nadi Mitra Samiti & Awdhesh Nishad, Manoj Srivastav of Global Greens.
All the images are primarily crowdsourced by YNMM and Yamuna activists working for revival of River Yamuna. Its an unique initiative. In 2016 also similar photo blog was published on Yamuna Jayanti.
SANDRP sincerely thanks to all the contributors (Omkar Bahuguna, Tilak Ramola, Nishant Panwar, Sanjay Kumar, Yashu Pratap Rana, Balraj Singh, Mustkeem Mallah, Yayati Bhardwaj, Raju Kumar, Shergarh Mathura, Nakul Bhardwaj Gokul, Yetendar Singh, Mathura, Shivshankar & Thakur Giridharli Lal, Farah, Mathura, Brij Khandelwal of River Connects & Pt. Ashwini Misra Agra, Radheysham Bateshwar, Rajeev Kumar Hamirpur, Jaikant Ekdla Allahabad, Awdhesh Nishad, Manoj Srivastav of Global Greens, Allahabad)
Hoping that yours efforts for Yamuna river rival would be successful, wish you all Happy Yamuna Jayanti.
Compiled by Bhim Singh Rawat, SANDRP (email@example.com)
You may also like to see:
Yamuna Jayanti 2016 : An Unforgettable River Journey Through Pictures..
Explore A Living Stretch Of Dying Yamuna At The Threshold Of Delhi
3 thoughts on “Happy Birth Day, Yamuna! In pics from Friends of Yamuna”
Excellent effort at documentation of the river Yamuna by the members of the Nadi Mitra Mandalis. Kudos to Bhim and all the NMM members for their work.
Am highly indebted to Manoj Mishra Ji for waking us all up.
Today’s big problem is that the water pollution, ZERO DRAINAGE BIO-PROJECT OF POLLUTED WATER which will give us prosperity and happiness in healthy Environment.It is dedicated to our Nation,Hence It is a National project. I Dhanraj D Barapatre working as an Mechanical Engineer/ Superintendent in Dairy Development Department Nagpur; applied for getting the permission to Department for apply patent on “Zero Drainage of polluted water Bio-Project” in Sept. 2014 which is pending with Dairy Development Department Government.This Echo-Friendly Project will be for total prevention on polluted water, flows in open Nalla under Local bodies which causes diseages like Dengue, Malerhia, Colliera, & many more diseages i.e.harmful to human beings. Effluent comes from each house,becomes ZERO by adoption of this Echo- Friendly Bio-Project. It should be easily adopted by all Municipal Corporation/Local Bodies with no extra expenses and activities to be done through DCR/DP PLAN by Standing Committee,OR State Government through it Parliament by passing a bill on this Bio-Project, OR Then through Central Parliament by passing a Bill.
It is more beneficial to total control on polluted waste water, environmental affected polluted water and saves funds in crores. Maharashtra have 36 Districts & 26 Corporation. Each Corporation in Maharashtra will get Rs 300 Crore
to 500 Crore savings.Think about India whose have 687 Districts & 220 Corporations and Population of INDIA is near about to 125CR, INDIA will get Rs 300 Crore to 500 Crore saving per Districts as well as Corporation.
It would be get control on water consumption, increase environmental health.
NMC uses 650 MLD water per Day in Nagpur and 350 MLD from Natural Source. Total Water consumption in day is 1000 MLD,out of this 600 to 800 MLD water can be socked /harvested due to this projects and ground Water Level will be increase.
It could be minimize diseages causes due to polluted water
It could be give Social health as well as National health & wealth in the form environmental development.
Each Corporation could get to opportunity develop other activities from that saved fund.
Request you to give opportunity to me on Deputation in NMC to activate this Project.
It is a combination project for all State Government, Local Bodies & Central Government
With Warm Regards